Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Hockey for Kids


As we prepare for the start of another hockey season, it's time to fire up the site to provide hockey parents with more information as they get their kids started in a hockey program.  One of the things to be on the lookout for is the American Development Model.  While this approach by USA Hockey is a great way to learn the fundamentals of the game, it's not necessarily for everyone.

Last season I watched my son progress in his first season of hockey that utilized the ADM approach.  Definitely saw some advantages with this, but I also discovered a few things that I thought could use some improvement.  If you'd like to ready my blog on hockey for kids, it describes what I saw in a season that utilized the American Development Model.

Read on and let us know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment